Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peppermint Paddy Snowman

Theresa McFayden had a little tutorial painting a snowman on canvas for Christmas time.  I thought "I can do that" !  I took a few liberties as I didn't have all of the same supplies to use in creating this little guy.  I had two 5"x7" canvas boards on hand and used them.  This is one of them -- the other was already in a box and in the mail when I remembered that I should take a photo.  This one went to my good friend, Sharon, as she loves snowmen.  I covered the canvas with a print out of Joy to the World music and gessoed over it.  I cut circles for the snowman and the tie out of old book paper to insure that I would have the size correct for the size of the canvas,  then painted with acrylic paint.  The hat and feet were freehand, a lot of dry brushing for hi-lighting, then modpodged and sprinkled glitter glass to finish.  The dots around the outside are done with a "seam marker" dipped in black paint.  I think he's kind of "folk-artsy".

2 comments:

  1. He is lovely and one of the happiest looking snowmen ever !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so much fun - he couldn't help but be happy ! You are so sweet !!

      Delete