Monday, May 14, 2012

For You #3


Finally finished my third little matchbox - they measure 1-1/2" x 2".  I had covered and lined all three with the same script covered scrapbook paper and aged the edges with my trusty Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink and a bit of gold paint.  I had coffee stained the tiny roses and a piece of a crocheted doily to use in the creations.  After gluing everything in place (thank heaven for my tweezers to handle all the tiny bits and pieces), I added some gold glitter glue to these roses and a few amber colored rhinestones to finish it off.  There were 12 matchboxes in the package I purchased -- don't know when I will ever use all of the matches, but, this pack was quite a bit less expensive than buying the pre-made boxes at a craft store. Now, to think up some themes for the rest of them !!  As always, click on the photos for a close up view.

No comments:

Post a Comment