Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Rose Matchbox







I put this small matchbox together while I was making the larger one for my sister.  It has the same script scrapbook paper on the outside and lining the inside.  As I was going through my collage assortment, I came across this tiny picture of a woman holding a bouquet of roses - perfect size for the top of the little box.  I had a small piece of the antique lace left over, so folded it up, found an old leaf earring in my box of junk jewelery, removed the wire and tied brown ribbon through the hole, found a small fabric flower, then laid them all inside the box.  Perfect fit and perfect elements to go with the picture.  Added a small brass rose to the top and all was well with the world.

11 comments:

  1. Oh thats such a beautiful little box. How perfect the little contents are for the box. It will make a sweet gift Ginny.
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precious Ginny! I love to create tiny art especially with repurposed and/or vintage items. I read about your blog on June Mac FB page, glad to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginny,
    Came to visit after seeing your matchbox that June posted!
    How beautiful! You are very creative.
    Come on over and follow me too !
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little box. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is just gorgeous Hun,I so love,tiny things,and this is so so delicate,and beautiful,welcome to blog land Hun I am a friend of Junes,bless her heart,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss June sent me to have a peek at your beautifu art :) Love your little altered box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments on this little matchbox. You all have made my day brighter and happier !! I will be taking a look at everyone's blogs today. Hugs to all, Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ginny,

    I agree with June, you do have lovely things!!! I love your matchbox! :)

    Nicie

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Ginny!!! so glad June shared your blog! i'm a new follower! love your matchbox's! i'm looking forward to visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a tiny and sweet lovely box.
    So nice to meet you-
    Greetings,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  11. More thank you's to everyone's lovely comments and, thank you, June, for sending all of these beautiful bloggers to peek at my art. Ginny

    ReplyDelete