Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ether Bottle for Halloween



My daughter and I decided early into our Apothecary Cabinet project, we would do a swap with each other.  Halloween is past, but, I am still having fun with it.  I created this bottle for Tammy for our swap, along with a coffin.  They will be good "go-withs" for her cabinet creation.  This was an aqua colored plastic decorative bottle that I picked up at a garage sale for a dime.  I knew it had possibilities "someday" !!  I textured it with crunched up paper towels and Mod-Podge, then painted it black with an overcoat of orange glitter paint. Most of my original ideas went out the window, as they usually do once I start altering something !!  I didn't leave a space for the label when I was texturing - what was I thinking ??  The X-acto knife worked fine to cut out the textured space.  I added the chain, charms, and leaf ribbon around the neck and used black alcohol ink on some wired crystals to stick into the purchased cork.   I love Ace Hardware for those corks - they have every size imaginable and I can buy just the exact one I need by taking a bottle with me.  I added a few spiders here and there crawling up the side of the bottle.  They started out life as plastic "spider rings" on the aisle of Halloween goodies at the 99 Cent store.  Hope she likes it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment