Sunday, November 4, 2012

Poisons and Potions




These are the remainder of bottles and boxes I created for my Apothecary Cabinet.  Some of them are too tall for the shelves, plus, my cabinet is small and won't hold all of them.  The larger bottles are perfect to add around the outside along with some cute things I picked up at Micheal's and the 99 cent store.  There are still more bottles, books and boxes on Laura's tutorials that I want to make.  I just can't seem to get enough of Halloween creations these days !!  I really like the way the "Black Cat Luck" turned out.  It was a small vial of gold flakes, a memento gift from my friend who just returned from an Alaskan cruise.  What could be luckier than a vial of gold flakes ??  The black bat stickers seemed to be the right thing to add to the back of the vial.  The flying ghosts on the back of  the  "Bottled Ghost" were corner stickers that I painted silver and drew the eyes and mouth on.   I used gesso to coat the inside of the bottle.  I had fun creating "frog slime" with hand sanitizer and green food coloring.  Again, I apologize for the placement of the photos.  One of these days, I will get it figured out.

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo pretty!!!!! Yours look completely different than Laura's, or mine. Love them! Love my coffin, and bottle too! Can't wait to see them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete