Follow by Email

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Apothecary Add-ons


I finished a few additional items for my apothecary cabinet, yesterday. A few days ago, I shopped at a Dollar General store that I had never been in before.    At the front door, there was a table full of Halloween "goodies" at big discounts. Lo and behold, a package of 4  little black plastic cauldrons for 50 cents !!  I didn't need four, but will be sharing, of course.  I used a little gold rub and buff on it, then added the dyed green webbing, eyeballs and gargoyle.  My black widow venom is rubbing alcohol colored with red alcohol ink.  I had downsized all of my labels, therefore, the labels for the books were also smaller.  The larger one
here measures 2 1/2" tall and 2" wide.  Actually, having the smaller books works for me since my cabinet is not as large as Laura's tutorial shows.  I made the tassel for the bookmark on the Cauldron Favorites with embroidery threads -- both are faux books, one filled with chipboard, the other with scrap card stock.  There are still more things I want to make and add, but, it is time to pack Halloween away for awhile and start on a couple of Christmas projects.  Thankfully, Laura will have her tutorials available for whenever I want to get back to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment